- The definition of forced marriage and the related strands of violence against women and girls.
- The reasons for the practice, prevalence and the implications on girls’ and women’s lives.
- How to recognise the indicators and signs that a femme might be subject to forced marriage.
- Relevant laws and legislations relating to forced marriage.
- How to effectively, sensitively and sustainably engage with girls, their families and affected communities.
- Understand how to respond to disclosures of forced marriage.
An introduction to Forced Marriage
This 2.5-hour course designed by HERSANA will introduce you to the practices of Forced Marriage (FM), increase your knowledge on how to recognise if someone is at risk and on how to report known or suspected cases of FM.
Start Time: 10:00
End Time: 12:30
This course is designed for professionals, frontline workers, policy makers and personnel involved in the healthcare and education sectors such as doctors, nurses, social workers and teachers.
Our standard training sessions are closed sessions, delivered to your team only. If you'd like to book this training for your team, contact us at email@example.com.
Let’s stay in touch. Sign up for our newsletter…
Send us your email address to receive all of our latest news & updates.