- The definition of Honour-Based Abuse and the related strands of violence against women and girls.
- Reasons for the practice, prevalence and the implications on girls’ and women’s lives.
- How to recognise the indicators and signs that a femme might be subject to Honour-Based Abuse.
- Relevant laws and legislations and how to apply it in practice.
- Gain a better understanding on criminal offences relating to
- Understand how to respond to disclosures of Honour-Based Abuse.
An introduction to Honour-Based Abuse
This 2.5-hour course designed by HERSANA, will equip you with knowledge on the definition of Honour-Based Abuse (HBA) and indicators that someone might be experiencing Honour-Based Abuse. You will gain a better understanding on how to act appropriately and confidently to protect and support girls who are at risk or have been
subjected to HBA.
Start Time: 10:00
End Time: 12:30
This course is designed for professionals, frontline workers, policy makers and personnel involved in the healthcare and education sectors such as doctors, nurses, social workers and teachers.
Our standard training sessions are closed sessions, delivered to your team only. If you'd like to book this training for your team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s stay in touch. Sign up for our newsletter…
Send us your email address to receive all of our latest news & updates.