- Gain a better understanding of what Honour-Based Abuse (HBA) is, the definition of Honour-Based Abuse and the related strands of violence against women and girls.
- Reasons for the practice, prevalence and the implications on girls’ and women’s lives.
- Indicators and signs that a femme might be subjected to
- Develop an increased understanding about the motives and consequences of HBA.
- Relevant laws and legislations and how to apply it in practice.
- How to work with survivors of Honour-Based Abuse through a trauma-informed approach and understand the pivotal role staff play in providing effective interventions.
- The process for requesting Protection Orders in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- How to be clear about the role of key services, explore gaps in local provision and how to address these.
- How to develop a model of best practice in responding to disclosures of Honour-Based Abuse and how to refer to specialist support services.
Working with survivors of Honour-Based Abuse
This half-day course designed by HERSANA, will equip you with knowledge about the law and legislation and offer guidelines on good practice for your sector. You will have a better understanding on how to act appropriately and confidently to protect and support girls who are at risk or have been subjected to Honour-Based Abuse.
Start Time: 10:00
End Time: 14:30
This is an advanced in-depth course designed for frontline workers and
volunteers who work in the VAWG sector and have some existing knowledge of Honour-Based Abuse or have attended our Level 1 course.
How do I book a training session for my team?
Our standard training sessions are closed sessions, delivered to your team only. If you'd like to book this training for your team, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let’s stay in touch. Sign up for our newsletter…
Send us your email address to receive all of our latest news & updates.