- Gain a better understanding of what Honour-Based Abuse (HBA) is, the definition of Honour-Based Abuse and the related strands of violence against women and girls.
- Reasons for the practice, prevalence and the implications on girls’ and women’s lives.
- Indicators and signs that a femme might be subjected to
- Develop an increased understanding about the motives and consequences of HBA.
- Relevant laws and legislations and how to apply it in practice.
- How to work with survivors of Honour-Based Abuse through a trauma-informed approach and understand the pivotal role staff play in providing effective interventions.
- The process for requesting Protection Orders in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- How to be clear about the role of key services, explore gaps in local provision and how to address these.
- How to develop a model of best practice in responding to disclosures of Honour-Based Abuse and how to refer to specialist support services.
Working with survivors of Honour-Based Abuse
This half-day course designed by HERSANA, will equip you with knowledge about the law and legislation and offer guidelines on good practice for your sector. You will have a better understanding on how to act appropriately and confidently to protect and support girls who are at risk or have been subjected to Honour-Based Abuse.
Start Time: 10:00
End Time: 14:30
This is an advanced in-depth course designed for frontline workers and
volunteers who work in the VAWG sector and have some existing knowledge of Honour-Based Abuse or have attended our Level 1 course.
Our standard training sessions are closed sessions, delivered to your team only. If you'd like to book this training for your team, contact us at email@example.com.
Let’s stay in touch. Sign up for our newsletter…
Send us your email address to receive all of our latest news & updates.